bbn/dok Setpres/Respons Jokowi Soal Koster Tolak Tim Israel di World Beach Games.
President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) has not yet commented regarding Bali Governor I Wayan Koster’s rejection of the Israeli team’s participation in the ANOC World Beach Games Bali in August 2023. Jokowi’s reason was that he has not received any reports regarding Koster’s refusal.
“I haven’t received any reports yet,” said Jokowi to reporters after planting rice with farmers in Tuban Regency, East Java, on Thursday (6/4/2023).
Bali Governor I Wayan Koster reiterated his rejection of the Israeli team’s presence after previously rejecting their participation in the U-20 World Cup 2023. Koster still refused to receive the Israeli team who will compete in the ANOC World Beach Games scheduled to take place on August 5-12, 2023 in Bali.
Koster affirmed his rejection of Israel’s presence at the World Beach Games on Wednesday (5/3/2023) at Pura Besakih, Karangasem, Bali, citing the constitution still in effect in Indonesia.
“I still adhere to the constitution and also Minister of Foreign Affairs Regulation No. 3 of 2029, which prohibits raising the flag and national anthem of Israel as one entity in Indonesia. So I still refuse Israel’s presence in Bali, including in the upcoming ANOC World Beach Games,” said Koster firmly.
Wayan Koster’s consistency in refusing Israel has not changed. Previously, the Bali Governor rejected the Israeli national team’s participation in the U-20 World Cup 2023 in Bali for various reasons.
Starting from fears of a bomb trauma to bringing the name of the first president, Soekarno. As a result, the International Football Association (FIFA) announced that Indonesia would no longer be the host of the U-20 World Cup, which was supposed to take place on May 20-June 11, 2023. (source: liputan6.com)